Thứ Năm, 8 tháng 9, 2011

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”

Sáng nay mình đã đọc xong The perks of being wallflower. Quyết định bỏ nó vào mục "Favourite coming-of-age book" của mình. Dù mình không nghĩ cái ý tưởng đọc vào mỗi sáng thức dậy như mình làm là một ý kiến hay. Vì đọc xong có thể chỉ muốn nằm dài trên giường không làm gì hết. Đọc trước lúc đi ngủ cũng không hay, vì có thể sẽ đọc liên tục tù tì bất kể thời gian cho đến khi tắt điện thoại thì trời đã gần sáng.

Mình thấy may mắn vì tuổi dậy thì của mình nó thiệt là êm ả và tươi sáng. Thật ra thì cũng có những trò ngu ngốc này nọ, nhưng so với mình bây giờ, và với những lá thư của em Charlie thì ôi thôi, mình tự thấy mình đã may mắn thế nào.

Mình nghĩ thật may vì hồi 15 tuổi mình đã không đọc cúôn này, nếu đọc xong chắc có lẽ mình đã không là mình như bây giờ. Mình cũng thấy mình may vì đến tận 20 tuổi mới đọc cuốn này, vì nếu ở tuổi 15 mình đã không thể buồn như mình đang buồn bây giờ.

Mình cực thích buổi tối trước khi Sam và Pat đi nơi khác học:

On the night before she left, we were all there at Sam and Patrick's house. Bob, Alice, Mary Elizabeth (without Peter), and I. We just sat on the rug in the "games" room, remembering things.

Remember the show where Patrick did this ... or remember when Bob did this ... or Charlie ... or Mary Elizabeth ... or Alice ... or Sam ...

The inside jokes weren't jokes anymore. They had become stories. Nobody brought up the bad names or the bad times. And nobody felt sad as long as we could postpone tomorrow with more nostalgia.

After a while, Mary Elizabeth and Bob and Alice left, saying they would be back in the morning to see Sam off. So, it was just me, Patrick, and Sam. Just sitting there. Not saying much. Until we started our own remember when.

Remember when Charlie first came to us at the football game ... and remember when Charlie let the air out of Dave's tires at the homecoming dance ... and remember the poem ... and the mix tape ... and Punk Rocky in color ... and remember when we all felt infinite ...

After I said that, we all got quiet and sad. In the silence, I remembered this one time that I never told anybody about. The time we were walking. Just the three of us. And I was in the middle. I don't remember where we were walking to or where we were walking from. I don't even remember the season. I just remember walking between them and feeling for the first time that I belonged somewhere.

Và có lẽ mình sẽ nghĩ đến chuyện đọc Trên đường của Kerouac.

Nói chung là, sau khi đọc xong, mình không nghĩ một cuốn truyện đầy chất tự sự như thế này có thể lên phim thành công. Mình không muốn thất vọng như hồi xem Never let me go.


Mình mà có bản in của cuốn này là mình cũng khoanh chi chít các đọan mình thích như vậy đó.

0 Bình loạn:

 
 
Copyright © Dream a bit more
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com